nanogui: Thread: Keyboard support patch & how you can help! :)

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Keyboard support patch & how you can help! :)
From: ####@####.####
Date: 1 Apr 2000 22:19:02 -0000

Nanogui'ers...,

Well I just sent Greg the first patch for extended keyboard support.
It's a complete low level driver for getting all the keyboard input we
need for a "modern gui".  (i.e. status of modifier keys, both keypress
and keyrelease ev's, changing virtual terminals, changing the kbd LED's,
and some other stuff)  However due to the fact that I only run linux,
I can't test the other oses so I can't tweak them.  If anyone that's
running ELKs or other Unixen besides linux would like to give me hand
bringing full keyboard support to their enviro I would be much
obliged.  Also if you're running a non-US keyboard and would help me
out by sending the keycodes and associated keys via "showkey" that
would also be very helpful.  (The key, and the "shifted" equivalent)

For full instructions on how you can do that just send me an email.
The upper level stuff should be done tomorrow, but it will probably
take Greg some time to integrate that with the microwin source tree as
I've made quite a few changes.  (Patch was a bit over 55k)

Thanks,
Shane.