nanogui: Thread: VxWorks?

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: VxWorks?
From: "Gaiser, Jason" ####@####.####
Date: 8 Aug 2000 15:36:51 -0000

Hi Everyone,

I just joined the list so please forgive me if this is offtopic or sent
incorrectly.

I'm currently working on a project involving a browser on top of VxWorks.
We've been having alot of problems with the browser vendor and I'm hoping to
find an alternative solution.  I was checking out microwindows the other day
I happened to see ViewML.  It looks like it could be a viable replacement
for an expensive proprietary solution.

My question is: Does anyone know of a VxWorks port of microwindows or
attempted such a thing in the past?  Also, is there a "porting faq" of some
kind to help people trying to port to new architectures/platforms?

P.S.: If you're wondering why I'm using VxWorks instead of linux, its
because I work for WindRiver and I'm forced to! :)

{
   Jason Gaiser                    		phone:  (858) 824-3078
   Wind River Doctor Design Services	fax: (858) 824-3178
   ####@####.####			http://www.doctordesign.com
}

 > My question is: Does anyone know of a VxWorks port of
 > microwindows or attempted such a thing in the past?
 > Also, is there a "porting faq" of some kind to help
 > people trying to port to new architectures/platforms?

I am also looking into using Microwindows in a VxWorks
environment.  Let's talk to coordinate our work.

BAT
--
Brent A. Thompson, Next Level Communications
1776 22nd Street #100, West Des Moines, IA 50266-1444, Web: <www.nlc.com>