nanogui: Thread: MicroWindows and Personal Java

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: MicroWindows and Personal Java
From: Robert Hartley ####@####.####
Date: 1 Nov 2000 01:57:36 -0000

Hi,

Has anyone gotten Sun's Personal Java built on Linux using MicroWindows?

Today I downloaded the source to the Unix version of "Personal Java"
from Sun.

Looking at the sources, I see almost all of the AWT native methods are
done in X11.

That would be fine for me, being a Motif guy, but I am thinking that
massaging the sources of Windows version would allow me to use
MicroWindows instead for running Linux VR on a Helio.

I am hoping that I can brew up some compatability libraries so that I
can deploy a class file on either PocketLinux or Personal Java.

Thanks ahead of time for any replies,

Robert

=  Robert Hartley                 Mail:         201 Broadway        =
=  Central Region Systems Engineer              Cambridge, MA 02139 =
=  Integrated Computer            Email:        ####@####.####    =
=  Solutions, Inc.                Web Site:     www.ics.com         =
=  Tech Support: ####@####.####  Phone:        800-800-4271        =

Visit the MotifZone (www.motifzone.org) for info on Motif!