nanogui: Thread: Microwindows on VTech Helio

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 2 [>] [>>]
Subject: Microwindows on VTech Helio
From: "CCYau" ####@####.####
Date: 28 Sep 2000 02:46:42 -0000

Hi,
    I have tried the following to make nano-X appear on my VTech Helio, I'm running Linux-VR. The Microwindow I'm using 0.89pre1.
    1) Modified the "config" to LINUX-MIPS, FRAMEBUFFER and TPMOUSE.
    2) Added the 'xsession' with only have two line :
        nano-X & nclock & nterm & nanowm &
        sleep 1
        Add one line in inittab:
        tty4:once:/etc/init.d/xsession
    3) Compile the mircowin using mipsel- tool chains.
    4) Makeup the romdisk, first chop out the W windows library files, then copy the Nano-X demo files to usr/bin of romdisk.
    5) Download to my Helio.
    6) The Nano-X windows display up, the nclock ticking.
    This is really COOL !
    I can run the demo and test thru the serial console, such as demo, nclock, nterm etc.
    However, I still can't bring the touch panel to work as mouse. The file mou_ts.c was no longer exist in 0.89. Can someone offer help?
    Thanks
    CC