nanogui: Thread: Cannot Compile 0.89pre5

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 3 [>] [>>]
Subject: Cannot Compile 0.89pre5
From: Ibrahim Shaame ####@####.####
Date: 25 Nov 2000 16:01:03 -0000

Hi all,
    I am just new and have decided to try microwindows
on my old linux box, but have been unable to compile.
My configuration is: DX2-66, a vga card with 1MB,
Slackware linux 4.0 with gcc-2.7.2.3
I want to use it running native linux and nano-x. I
have used the supplied "config.svga", but when I
compile I get "no rule to make ../libnano-X.a" and it
ends with:
 make [2] *** [Subdirs]Error 2
 make [1] *** [Subdirs]Error 2
 make *** [All]Error 2

Please help

I. Shaame

http://shopping.yahoo.com/
> on my old linux box, but have been unable to
> compile.
> My configuration is: DX2-66, a vga card with 1MB,
> Slackware linux 4.0 with gcc-2.7.2.3
> I want to use it running native linux and nano-x. I
> have used the supplied "config.svga", but when I
> compile I get "no rule to make ../libnano-X.a" and
> it
> ends with:
>  make [2] *** [Subdirs]Error 2
>  make [1] *** [Subdirs]Error 2
>  make *** [All]Error 2

Have you made any changes in microwin/src directory ?

First of all please compile
microwindows-0.89pre5.tar.gz as it is  by :-

gzip -dc microwindows-0.89pre5.tar.gz | tar xf -
cd microwin/src
make

and then

copy config.svga config
make

if this works well then start make changes as per your
requirement.

Hope this works.

BTW , microwindows-0.89pre6.tar.gz is also available
better you use microwindows-0.89pre6.tar.gz .

Best Regards,

Jaswinder.

http://shopping.yahoo.com/