nanogui: Thread: This is very Weird.

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: This is very Weird.
From: ####@####.####
Date: 27 Jul 2001 11:18:15 -0000

I was going to make KSC5601 support with TTF on microwindows.
I added some routines in "src/engine/devfont.c" like the chinese support.
Then I tried to display a korean text with TTF support, the displayed
text was broken korean.
So I tried to test it without TTF support, and if it is TTF's bug I
wanned to know what was the problem.
and the result was, without TTF the string str[] which is used on
devfont.c::corefont_drawtext(), would
have the string I want to display. BUT! when I loaded TrueTypeFont with
the same program, the str[] would
have "client". but the text displayed was broken korean. (I though the
corefont_drawtext() was the core of
displaying the texts to the screen.)

Try adding "fprintf(stderr, "str = %s\n",str);" on
'src/engine/devfont.c:: corefont_drawtext()'

Thanks,
Sang Baek Lee

: I was going to make KSC5601 support with TTF on microwindows.

KSC5601 decoding support is implemented in the CVS version
of Microwindows.

When turned on, the current implementation assumes ALL
text will be encoded using KSC5601.  Perhaps we need another
MWTF_KSC5601 flag for GrText, as well as a mechanism to
set the default encoding (which is normally MWTF_ASCII).

: