nanogui: Thread: ideology of flnx

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: ideology of flnx
From: "David T Eger" ####@####.####
Date: 13 Jul 2001 05:05:33 -0000

I was wondering as to the ideology of the FLTK / Nano-X port.  It seems
very curious - it was branched off of FLTK 1.0.7 (over a year ago) and it
seems as though there has been no effort to keep it synced.  Is this
intentional?  That is, is FLNX a distinctly different beast, or has the
effort simply not been made to keep it current?

On the one hand, if it were kept current, it is conceivable that nano-x
could be one of the standard build options for FLTK.  On the other hand, if
FLNX is distinct, then why bother #ifdef'ing all of the NANO_X code, and
not simply replace what exists with what it should be specifically for
Nano-X?

-David