nanogui: Thread: Flmwin problems

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Flmwin problems
From: "L.Lehuerou" ####@####.####
Date: 18 Jul 2001 02:12:46 -0000

Hi all,

Four months ago, I started with Microwindows/Win32 API.
I wanted to port this on a custom 68060 board.
We (me and Ghassan Bakhos) have made the following work :
* make the microwindows demo (microwindows-0.89pre7.tar.gz) run on the
  host P.C. (DOS/DJGPP); create a library for the files.
  [compiler flags : -DERAZEMOVE -DMSDOS -DDOS_DJGPP -DWIN32
  -DHAVE_VSNPRINTF=0 -DUPDATEREGIONS=1]
* port this to the 68k target (drivers and some glue for basic OS
  support) with Cygwin cross gcc/68k.
* get flmwin (fltk-mwin32-pre5.tar.gz) and compile it on the
  host P.C. (DOS/DJGPP). create a library for the files.
  compiler flags : [-DERAZEMOVE -DMSDOS -DDOS_DJGPP -DWIN32]
* do the same job again with the target.
* create some sample windows and widgets with Fluid (Win32) an try this
  on the host and then on the target.
(if anyone is interested with any part of this, just ask).

1) I still have some blocking problems, and I would like to know the
status of this :

* keyboard input does not seem to work; driver is called and gives the
  ASCII code but it seems to be lost in some upper layer.
  Microwindows demo's input runs, but not the flmwin input (Fl_Input).

* menus : floating menus seem to work (Fl_Menu_Button, Fl_Choice), but
  not the menubar (Fl_Menu_Bar) : first level labels are visible but
  items and submenus don't come on mouse click.

* overlay : I tried to make the overlay demo of Fluid run on
  flmwin/microwindows but I did'nt get it working : the overlay shape is
  drawn but not cleared when moving it. I suppose this has something to
  do with double buffering but perhaps this feature needs specific
  "#defines" as configuration in microwindows ?

2) I would like to go ahead and build a complete app.
I need to design the target GUI on the Windows-based host [where I have
all the office stuff and apps].
Making this GUI run on the host first (in a DJGPP/DOS dialog box) is great
and saves very much time.
I read the mailing list since february but Win32-API discussions
seems to be quite rare and Flmwin tar has migrated to /historic...
Does it mean that Win32-API is going down in the future ?
In this situation, would you advise me to keep on working with
Win32-API or to restart with flnx/nano-X ?
Some basic questions are :
* Is it possible to design with a Win32 based tool (FLUID) and then
  run the generated code on FLNX/Nano-X ?
* What is the more work, if any, to make Nano-x and FLNX run in DJGPP
  environment (same drivers as mwin ?)

Regards,

Luc