nanogui: Thread: Can the framebuffer driver be set up for Intel 810 chipset .

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Can the framebuffer driver be set up for Intel 810 chipset .
From: "maria lobo" ####@####.####
Date: 27 Jul 2001 08:23:53 -0000

Hello ,
I would like to know whether Intel 810 is VESA 2.0 compliant or whether I
can use any other framebuffer driver available  (I've got kernel 2.2.14) . I
compiled the kernel with VESA 2.0 driver but now I get a message " Cannot
open /dev/fb0 " and "device not found ".
I am somewhat new to linux op . Please advice
Maria

Am Friday 27 July 2001 10:26 schrieben Sie: / On Friday 27 July 2001 10:26,
you wrote:
> Hello ,
> I would like to know whether Intel 810 is VESA 2.0 compliant or whether I
> can use any other framebuffer driver available  (I've got kernel 2.2.14) .
> I compiled the kernel with VESA 2.0 driver but now I get a message " Cannot
> open /dev/fb0 " and "device not found ".
> I am somewhat new to linux op . Please advice
> Maria

: I would like to know whether Intel 810 is VESA 2.0 compliant or whether I
: can use any other framebuffer driver available  (I've got kernel 2.2.14) .
: compiled the kernel with VESA 2.0 driver but now I get a message " Cannot
: open /dev/fb0 " and "device not found ".

You can always use the VGA16 fb driver, it doesn't rely on a VESA 2.0
bios, although it's limited to 640x480 and 16 colors.