nanogui: Thread: how to run microwin with console!

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: how to run microwin with console!
From: "zhang jijun" ####@####.####
Date: 15 Aug 2001 02:26:02 -0000

My dear Friend:
  I am working with microwindows-0.89pre7 ,I have some question with
microwin ,Please tell me immediately or I can't continue my work.
  one question is: I am going to run microwindow on 160*160 TFT,so I will
run microwin with console,but I don't know how to configure and make?
  the other is: I have programed a program that is to show the file
directory and the file name but I can't to select the directory to up and
down this directory or the file to operate with the light bar that should
be controled with keyboard .Please tell me how to do with what function? if
you have some demos about the file operation that we can select one file
and can copy or delete the selected file plese send me !

     BEST REGARDS!

Normally, you do all your building on a desktop with a cross compiler.  Its
usually not good to acutally compile the programs on the target device.

On Tuesday 14 August 2001 20:25, zhang jijun mentioned:
> My dear Friend:
>   I am working with microwindows-0.89pre7 ,I have some question with
> microwin ,Please tell me immediately or I can't continue my work.
>   one question is: I am going to run microwindow on 160*160 TFT,so I will
> run microwin with console,but I don't know how to configure and make?
>   the other is: I have programed a program that is to show the file
> directory and the file name but I can't to select the directory to up and
> down this directory or the file to operate with the light bar that should
> be controled with keyboard .Please tell me how to do with what function? if
> you have some demos about the file operation that we can select one file
> and can copy or delete the selected file plese send me !
>

>      BEST REGARDS!

Actually I find it quite useful to do some compiles on the prototype
hardware. Granted I'm working on a set-top box so I have massive amounts of
room and power compared to a handheld device (64meg ram,intel P166,2gig hard
drive in place of the flash drive)  but I find it easier to push the limits
of the hardware's capability when I can perform a small recompile on the
target.

In a handheld, how would you even get GCC installed.

Normally, you do all your building on a desktop with a cross compiler.  Its
usually not good to acutally compile the programs on the target device.

On Tuesday 14 August 2001 20:25, zhang jijun mentioned:
> My dear Friend:
>   I am working with microwindows-0.89pre7 ,I have some question with
> microwin ,Please tell me immediately or I can't continue my work.
>   one question is: I am going to run microwindow on 160*160 TFT,so I will
> run microwin with console,but I don't know how to configure and make?
>   the other is: I have programed a program that is to show the file
> directory and the file name but I can't to select the directory to up and
> down this directory or the file to operate with the light bar that should
> be controled with keyboard .Please tell me how to do with what function?
if
> you have some demos about the file operation that we can select one file
> and can copy or delete the selected file plese send me !
>

>      BEST REGARDS!

On the ipaq, lots of people have chosen to set up a NFS mount to a toolchain,
and then do the compiling that way.

Personally, I quickly go back and forth from editing to compiling (shotgun
style...), so I would get very frustrated by editing on my desktop and then
copying over to the handheld and building.  Its much easier just to switch to
a terminal.  Cross compilers are very effective, so why not?

Jordan

On Wednesday 15 August 2001 08:19, Gray, Tim mentioned: