nanogui: Thread: "Cannot bind to named socket" error in nano-X server

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: "Cannot bind to named socket" error in nano-X server
From: Ariel Bloch ####@####.####
Date: 27 Aug 2001 15:27:15 -0000

Hi all,

I get a "Cannot bind to named socket" from the nano-X server.

	Microwindows version: 8.9pre7
	OS: native Linux (RedHat 7.1)
	Config: config.X11

The compilation went smoothly, but only some of the demos run (mdemo, mtest,
malpha, etc). What can be the problem?

Thanks,
Ariel

From: Duncan Palmer ####@####.####
Date: 27 Aug 2001 16:15:48 -0000

Man, this really needs to get into the FAQ

rm /tmp/.nano-X

nano-X uses unix domain sockets, and if this file gets left around, and
you don't have the permissions to delete it, or there is still a nano-X
server running, you're in trouble.

I have a small patch i wrote to allow several developers to run nano-X
on the same machine if anyone is interested...