nanogui: Thread: Possible bug in GrCheckNextEvent() in nanox/client_ecos.c

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Possible bug in GrCheckNextEvent() in nanox/client_ecos.c
From: "I-Jui Sung" ####@####.####
Date: 22 Aug 2001 22:15:10 -0000

In the function GrCheckNextEvent(), the client-side event queue is not
checked at all, while the function GrGetNextEventTimeout() DO check this
client-side event queue.
So, an event previously fetched in client-side queue will not be seen by the
GrCheckNextEvent!
To fix this inconsistancy, the following lines should be inserted in the
first line in GrCheckNextEvent() (in nanox/client.c)

/*Checking client side queue before querying server */
if (evlist) { GetNextQueuedEvent(ep); CheckErrorEvent(ep); return; }

Regards,
I-Jui Sung

Good eye.  Is that broken in the regular nanox/client.c too???

On Wednesday 22 August 2001 16:30, I-Jui Sung mentioned:
> In the function GrCheckNextEvent(), the client-side event queue is not
> checked at all, while the function GrGetNextEventTimeout() DO check this
> client-side event queue.
> So, an event previously fetched in client-side queue will not be seen by
> the GrCheckNextEvent!
> To fix this inconsistancy, the following lines should be inserted in the
> first line in GrCheckNextEvent() (in nanox/client.c)
>
> /*Checking client side queue before querying server */
> if (evlist) { GetNextQueuedEvent(ep); CheckErrorEvent(ep); return; }
>
> Regards,
> I-Jui Sung

Gee, I meant nanox/client.c..(Actually I found this bug in my custom eCos
port of microwindows..), but I've checked it in the CVS version of
microwindows, it's broken too.

Happy hacking,