nanogui: Thread: JPEG rendering

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: JPEG rendering
From: Venkateswar Shankar ####@####.####
Date: 6 Aug 2001 19:06:25 -0000

Hi
I am a new member to the mailing list. Pardon me if
this question has been already been asked and
answered.
I looked through the archives but did not find
specific answers

My system is a SA 1110 based (ADS Graphics Client)
board with 8.4" Unipac display w/ 800x600 resolution.
I am running linux 2.4.1 kernel.

I have complied microwindows with JPEG libs and I have
enabled TRUECOLOR565 for 16bbp support. I am using the
nxview sample program to look at the JPEG images and I
am seeing that the images are dithered and palletized.
Almost looks like the 256 colors images.

I should mention that if I don't use microwindows and
render JPEG directly to the frame buffer, the images
look very nice.

What am I doing wrong with microwindows / nanox ?

http://phonecard.yahoo.com/
> I have complied microwindows with JPEG libs and I have
> enabled TRUECOLOR565 for 16bbp support. I am using the
> nxview sample program to look at the JPEG images and I
> am seeing that the images are dithered and palletized.
> Almost looks like the 256 colors images.

what happens when u use TRUECOLOR888???

jipi
: > I have complied microwindows with JPEG libs and I have
: > enabled TRUECOLOR565 for 16bbp support. I am using the
: > nxview sample program to look at the JPEG images and I
: > am seeing that the images are dithered and palletized.
: > Almost looks like the 256 colors images.

Look at LoadJPEG() in src/engine/devimage.c.  Make sure that
FASTJPEG is NOT #defined, as that causes palettization.