nanogui: Thread: regarding colors in Microwindows

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: regarding colors in Microwindows
From: "Anita Kishore" ####@####.####
Date: 17 Oct 2001 23:46:14 -0000

Hi:

    I am using DrawDIB in my appl. My MWIMAGEHDR structure is set to 24
bits/pixel and it is not using any palette. Just to test, I create the
raw image data by hand, by filling all RGB triplets (1 byte/component)
to lets say red color ( 0x0000ff). The image is of certain width and
height. When I pass this MWIMAGEHDR pointer to DrawDIB(), I get a red
rectangle displayed on my appl. window. I am able to use any of the
foll. 8 colors in this array, and they display fine. The 8 colors that
show are: red, green, blue, white, black, majenta, seagreen and yellow.

    The problem is that I am not able to get higher color resolution
than this. I have checked this by filling up my raw data array with some
combination of R,G,b, for eg: 0x2929ff. An array like this one displays
all black, which indicates to me that my display is not able to display
more than the above 8 colors.

    My Microwindows is configured to use the frame buffer. I am not sure
if I need to ask for a visual (like in X), in order to configure the fb
to use a particular color resolution. I don't know how to do this in
Microwindows. What should I do in order to be able to diplay more colors
in an image? I want to use 24 or 32 bit true color resolution. How to do
this?

thanks
-anita