nanogui: Thread: 16 bits DIB

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: 16 bits DIB
From: "Anita Kishore" ####@####.####
Date: 17 Oct 2001 23:28:31 -0000

Hi:

     Can some one tell me why GdDrawImage(..) in devdraw.c doesn't
support 16 bits/pixel image?

thanks
-anita

Subject: Re: [nanogui] 16 bits DIB
From: "Greg Haerr" ####@####.####
Date: 18 Oct 2001 16:59:35 -0000

: Can some one tell me why GdDrawImage(..) in devdraw.c doesn't
support 16 bits/pixel image?

Hmmm...  I think the original reason is that all the image decoders
were written to produce either paletized (8bpp) or truecolor (24bpp)
decoding, so it wasn't added.

I see that you're interested in using the MWIMAGEHDRs built
directly, and you're using 16bpp images.  In this case, we'll need
to add the 16bpp stuff into GdDrawImage.  One of these days,
I was planning on changing the whole structure to use the low-level
screen driver blit routines to draw the image, which would fix this
area in Microwindows, which is slow.

> > I was planning on changing the whole structure to use the low-level
> > screen driver blit routines to draw the image, which would fix this
> > area in Microwindows, which is slow.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Greg

That's really fine. And also how about a structure that's suitable for DMA
too?

* jaster *