nanogui: Thread: how to set 16bit color depth in microwindows

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: how to set 16bit color depth in microwindows
From: "zhenyue" ####@####.####
Date: 27 Oct 2001 03:03:23 -0000

hi, friends:
    i am using Microwindows as my mpeg-1 player's interface
but my mpeg player must ran under the 16bit's color depth.
i try set PIXELTYPE = MWTYPECOLOR565(perhaps not very correct here)
in microwindows' config file.
   but the mpeg player still can't work properly.
can anyone help me?
                          zhengyuan guo

--http://www.eyou.com
--Îȶ¨¿É¿¿µÄÃâ·Ñµç×ÓÐÅÏä  ÓïÒôÓʼþ  Òƶ¯ÊéÇ©  ÈÕÀú·þÎñ  ÍøÂç´æ´¢...ÒÚÓÊδ¾¡

:     i am using Microwindows as my mpeg-1 player's interface
: but my mpeg player must ran under the 16bit's color depth.
: i try set PIXELTYPE = MWTYPECOLOR565(perhaps not very correct here)
: in microwindows' config file.
:    but the mpeg player still can't work properly.

Likely your problem is that the Linux framebuffer isn't set to 16bpp.
Microwindows will only use the currently-set framebuffer bpp value;
It's not necessary to set the pixiltype internally to Microwindows.
I suggest you verify your screen settings using the fbset program.