nanogui: Thread: how to integrate application and nano-X server ?

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: how to integrate application and nano-X server ?
From: li hui ####@####.####
Date: 23 Oct 2001 07:41:26 -0000

As I know,we must run nano-x server before running
application.but i wish i can just run one application,

how shall I do to implement it?
I try to revise "LINK_APP_INTO_SERVER=Y" in config,
but
it is no use.

http://personals.yahoo.com
sorry , I didn't  explain the problem clearly in the
last letter. Indeed, when I set LINK_APP_INTO_SERVER=Y
in config and then make,  I compile my program with
nano-X lib, it always tell me undefined reference to
nanox API. I use command nm to lookup nano-X lib ,I
found that most of the function are UNDEFINED.
That's why?

http://personals.yahoo.com
> sorry , I didn't  explain the problem clearly in the
> last letter. Indeed, when I set LINK_APP_INTO_SERVER=Y
> in config and then make,  I compile my program with
> nano-X lib, it always tell me undefined reference to
> nanox API. I use command nm to lookup nano-X lib ,I
> found that most of the function are UNDEFINED.
> That's why?

Did you rebuild Microwindows (make clean; make) after changing the
config file?

When you link your application with the server you need to include
some additional libraries in the link step. There was a discussion on
this very topic within the last week or two. Take a look through the
mail archives:

http://www.linuxhacker.org/cgi-bin/ezmlm-cgi/0

Good luck,
Gary James