nanogui: Thread: Converting Win32 apps to Microwin..

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Converting Win32 apps to Microwin..
From: Mlodzianowski Janusz ####@####.####
Date: 23 Nov 2001 11:00:18 -0000

Hi,

I have some Win32 programs (source) which I would like to port to Microwindows
running on pure DOS.
The problem I have are resources, especially menus and dialogs.
Has any one found a tool which would convert resource files to plain C/C++
(preferably Borland C) Win32 API calls that can be linked to converted source?
Such a tool would greatly speed up my job..

I would appreciate any suggestions.
Janusz

: I have some Win32 programs (source) which I would like to port to Microwindows
: running on pure DOS.
: The problem I have are resources, especially menus and dialogs.
: Has any one found a tool which would convert resource files to plain C/C++
: (preferably Borland C) Win32 API calls that can be linked to converted source?
: Such a tool would greatly speed up my job..

I haven't seen any such things, but you might take the rc compiler
from the Wine project and convert it to spit out C code.

Reading .res files isn't that big a deal, another solution would be to
read them directly and interpret them.  This is something I'd like to
add, but haven't had the time.  You might also use code from the
Wine or MiniGUI projects for this also.