nanogui: Thread: PIXIL OE [nxscrtop] Problem

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: PIXIL OE [nxscrtop] Problem
From: "Brian" ####@####.####
Date: 30 Jan 2002 05:06:23 -0000

Hello all,

I am running Microwindows on ARM uClinux.
The screentop manager, nxscrtop, was once running until I switched my
toolchain to the
latest arm-elf toolchain found on www.uclinux.org.

The icons at the taskbar, namely the battery, backlight, date, home,
keyboard and scribble
icons, are drawn properly.
However, the background does not get drawn with GrSetWMProperties() in
root_create() of root.c.  The taskbar and the virtual windows switch
are not drawn either.
If I comment out
===================
  date_create();
  home_create();
  backlight_create();
  keyboard_create();
  scribble_create();
  battery_create();
===================
everything is fine except the taskbar icons commented out.

I tried linking nxscrtop with the nano-X server but the result is the
same.

Even though it looks to me that the problem might be tied to compiler
options, I just
want to know if anyone has seen the same weirdness.

Any pointers will be appreciated.
Thanks. : -)

Brian

: Even though it looks to me that the problem might be tied to compiler
: options, I just
: want to know if anyone has seen the same weirdness.

Are you running in the larger flat model?  I seem
to remember someone saying the binaries need to
be converted allowing a larger address space...

> Are you running in the larger flat model?  I seem
> to remember someone saying the binaries need to
> be converted allowing a larger address space...
That would be me? : -)

I did set the stack size of the flat file header to a fairly large
value, 256000.
But the problem is still there.

Thanks.

Brian