nanogui: Thread: Re:

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Re: [nanogui]
From: "Greg Haerr" ####@####.####
Date: 30 Mar 2002 03:14:33 -0000

> I want to make a window that no boder and allwayes at the frontest of the
> screen on the Nano-X server.Could anybody help me? thans a lot!

Just pass 0 for the bordersize value in GrNewWindow and
the window won't have a border.  There currently isn't
any way to force the screen to always be on top, but you
can call GrRaiseWindow to bring it to top.  The server could
be enhanced to send a GR_EVENT_TYPE_UPDATE message
when a windows Z order changes, and then you could
call GrRaiseWindow...  There would be flashing though.

Forcing the window to stay topmost requires more work,
and likely two window lists if more than one window has
the topmost bit set.