nanogui: Thread: Microwindows on GraphicsMaster

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Microwindows on GraphicsMaster
From: "Tim Gessner" ####@####.####
Date: 27 Mar 2002 17:26:31 -0000

I am trying to get Microwindows/Linux working on a graphicsmaster board
(strongArm), from ADS.  The LCD/touchscreen is from another vendor.

So far, I can get a window up, but have no touchscreen.  Has anyone been
successful in getting this to work?

Also, it appears to have a very noticable screen flicker or "roll" under
Microwindows.  The same configuration under Windows CE has no flicker so I
assume it has to be something to do with the software.  I can change the
timing, but I'm not sure if I'll constrain the rest of Linux.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

> I am trying to get Microwindows/Linux working on a graphicsmaster board
> (strongArm), from ADS.  The LCD/touchscreen is from another vendor.
>
> So far, I can get a window up, but have no touchscreen.  Has anyone been
> successful in getting this to work?

If it's based on the UCB{12,13}00, you should be
able to get it to work using the modified kernel driver.

> Also, it appears to have a very noticable screen flicker or "roll" under
> Microwindows.  The same configuration under Windows CE has no flicker so I
> assume it has to be something to do with the software.  I can change the
> timing, but I'm not sure if I'll constrain the rest of Linux.

This is likely a kernel framebuffer init issue, since Microwindows
doesn't setup any graphics hardware, but relies on the kernel
to init the framebuffer.