nanogui: Thread: Re: fbportrait_down.c

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Re: fbportrait_down.c
From: "Greg Haerr" ####@####.####
Date: 26 Mar 2002 23:17:40 -0000

> I was wondering why you chose not to implement the DOWN portrait mode as a
> 180deg rotation but rather as a flip about the y axis.  Especially since
the
> fbportrait_down.c has the code to do the x transforms commented out.  Does
it
> not work if you uncomment the x translations?

Jeff,
    Sorry it's taken so long for me to respond to your question,
I've been in and out of town for the last couple of weeks...

The DOWN portrait mode is not properly implemented currently,
you're right it just flips the y axis.  This is because I was in an
extreme rush when I decided to reimplement the portait mode
design one night and didn't have time to properly figure it out.
You might try uncommenting out my initial x transform code,
but the hard one is getting the blit routine sorted out...  Eventually,
we will have a suite of "conversion blitters" that will solve this
problem.  Currently, Microwindows always blits offscreen memory
in the physical screen memory format.

If you get the rotation working better even without the blits,
please send me a patch.