nanogui: Thread: Best way to restart/shutdown app

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Best way to restart/shutdown app
From: Alex Pavloff ####@####.####
Date: 26 Apr 2002 17:14:52 -0000

Hello folks.

Question:   I have a background process monitoring a serial port and a TCP
port.  Based off of information from that process, I want to start/stop a
Nano-X application.

Sequence of events goes something like this:

1)  Main Application is running.
2)  User on the other end of the serial port or TCP starts a download
3)  Main Application is stopped
4)  Standby Application is run (with some config settings)
5)  New files are downloaded
6)  Main application is re-launched.

Whats the best way to to do?  Keep the Nano-X server running and just start
and stop the application?

Alex Pavloff
Software Engineer
Eason Technology