nanogui: Thread: NanoX performance

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: NanoX performance
From: yuanpeng wang ####@####.####
Date: 29 Mar 2004 11:39:05 +0100

Dear all,

I am developing a GUI on top of Nanox+Nxlib+Gtk. I use
GtkLayout to do the scrolling. But there is too much
flicking when scrolling. I thought this is because the
scrolling algorithm in GtkLayout is not perfect. But
when I run my program on Xserver+Gtk, everything is
fine and there is no flicking at all. so I come to the
conclusion that it is Nanox that causes the flicking.
After tracing the code, it turns out that in each
scrolling,nanoX invokes too much calls to ClearWindow,
which will definitely cause the flicking.

Does anyone have similiar experience? How to improve
the performance?

Thanks in advance.

Yp

http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html
: After tracing the code, it turns out that in each
: scrolling,nanoX invokes too much calls to ClearWindow,
: which will definitely cause the flicking.

Try changing the code that calls ClearWindow to use FALSE,
rather than TRUE as the last parameter.  (which causes actual
drawing rather than queing an expose request)