nanogui: Thread: crosscompiling freetype-1.3.1 or t1lib-1.0 ?

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: crosscompiling freetype-1.3.1 or t1lib-1.0 ?
From: Steven Scholz ####@####.####
Date: 27 Jul 2004 16:11:08 +0100

Hi there,

has someone successfully cross compile freetype-1.3.1 or t1lib-1.0?

He's complaining about

	configure: error: can not run test program while cross compiling

which is obvious... :-(

Thanks for hints!

--
Steven
Subject: Re: [nanogui] crosscompiling freetype-1.3.1 or t1lib-1.0 ?
From: Hinko Kocevar ####@####.####
Date: 27 Jul 2004 17:23:12 +0100

Steven Scholz wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> has someone successfully cross compile freetype-1.3.1 or t1lib-1.0?
>
> He's complaining about
>
>     configure: error: can not run test program while cross compiling
>
> which is obvious... :-(
>
> Thanks for hints!

During compilation test program are trying to run, and since cross
compiling - they can't be run on host machine. I use scratchbox
development env to compile user land apps which can emulate and/or
run test programs during compilation. As I recall it currently supports
arm and ppc target platforms.

Emulator itself could maybe used without scratchbox env, but I haven't
tried that myself.

See http://www.scratchbox.org/, if you have one of those platform,
otherwise hack in the configure[.in] and disable tests :)

regards,
himba

--
Hinko Kocevar, developer
Iskra Medical d.o.o., Stegne 23, 1k LJ, SLO-EU

	"Aì rén"	|	[Analects XII:22]