nanogui: Thread: Urgent! Nano-X and Framebuffer.

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Urgent! Nano-X and Framebuffer.
From: "suriya mohan" ####@####.####
Date: 31 Dec 2003 07:06:20 -0000

Hi,
  Now I got the mouse support. Thanks. I have compiled Microwindows
based on "Config.fb2", config file. Only the "mine" and "mdemo"
programs works well. No other programs runs properly. I have executed
as follows.

[root@suriya bin]# ./nano-X & ./nxclock
[15] 5548
[15] + stopped %nano-X

There is nothing in the screen. The screen is blank and when I press
CNTRL+C the program ends up as follows

[15] + stopped %nano-X.

Even I tried running the sample program one that draws a white box
with a blue border given in microwindows link
"http://www.microwindows.org/ProgrammingIntro1.html" . The program is
compiled sucessfully. But when tried running as follows no display.

[root@suriya bin]# ./nano-X & ./sample

This sample program works well when i executed based on X11.

The framebuffer depth is set to 32 using the following command

[root@suriya root]# fbset -depth 32.

What are the things to be taken into consideration while compiling
Microwindows with framebuffer support ? What config.fb* should I use
for the following framebuffer ?

The framebuffer details is as follows.

[root@Suriya root]# fbset -i

mode "768x576-86"
    # D: 53.203 MHz, H: 51.956 kHz, V: 85.595 Hz
    geometry 768 576 768 576 32
    timings 18796 128 48 27 1 80 3
    hsync high
    vsync high
    gsync true
    rgba 8/16,8/8,8/0,8/24
endmode

Frame buffer device information:
    Name        : i810fb
    Address    : 0xea000000
    Size        : 4194304
    Type        : PACKED PIXELS
    Visual      : TRUECOLOR
    XPanStep    : 1
    YPanStep    : 1
    YWrapStep  : 0
    LineLength  : 3072
    MMIO Address: 0xeff80000
    MMIO Size  : 524288
    Accelerator : Unknown (37)

With Regards,
S.Suriya Mohan.

On Fri, 26 Dec 2003 Greg Haerr wrote :
> >   I am using logitech's ps/2 mouse.
>
>Read the FAQ on setting up the mouse.  The mouse
>driver is either drivers/mou_gpm.c or drivers/mou_ser.c.
>
>Regards,
>
>Greg

There is no substitution for hard work.
Information is wealth.