nanogui: Thread: NanoX on ZipIt device : Linking problem

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: NanoX on ZipIt device : Linking problem
From: Mathieu Ippersiel ####@####.####
Date: 29 Apr 2005 16:12:56 +0100

Hi,

I am trying to build a small demo example of a Nano-X application
running on a ZipIt device (a ARM7 microprocessor with a 320*240
greyscale LCD screen).

I have been able to configure and build the Nano-X library for the
device, but when I try to build my application (the application
available in the Nano-X Programming Tutorial available at
www.microwindows.org/Nano-XTutorial.html), the linker found the Nano-X
library but it keep saying me that few referenced are undefined. Those
reference are GrOpen, GrGetScreenInfo, etc ...

My questions is: in order to have an application linked directly with
the server, which library must be used ?

Thanks for your help,
Mathieu

> I have been able to configure and build the Nano-X library for the
> device, but when I try to build my application (the application
> available in the Nano-X Programming Tutorial available at
> www.microwindows.org/Nano-XTutorial.html), the linker found the Nano-X
> library but it keep saying me that few referenced are undefined. Those
> reference are GrOpen, GrGetScreenInfo, etc ...
>
> My questions is: in order to have an application linked directly with
> the server, which library must be used ?

When building for APP_LINK_INTO_SERVER=Y, make
sure this is set in your config file, which builds the client
library libnano-X.{so|a} differently.  This library contains
the GrXXX symbols, and I think the make system adds
in the GdXXX symbols as well from src/engine when
this option is set.  So -lnano-X should do it.