nanogui: Thread: ttf2bdf font conversion

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: ttf2bdf font conversion
From: Aidan Totterdell ####@####.####
Date: 27 Apr 2005 16:02:15 +0100

Hi,

I have ttf fonts working with nano-X however, I am noticing some speed
issues. I have tried to convert to using fixed fonts by using ttf2bdf and
then bdf2fnt utilities. I have tried with "verdana.ttf" as an experiment. I
notice that some .fnt files are generating an assert in nano-X "Assertion x2
>= x1" when drawing a horizontal line (I am running on linux X11).

I have genreated fixed sized font files eg.

Verdana-10-iso8859.1.fnt.gz to Verdana-24-iso8859.1.fnt.gz in increments of
2.

Using microwindows "fontview" demo I can test each font. Font size 18
appears to generate the above mentioned error, all other files work fine.

Any ideas??

Regards,

Aidan Totterdell

Senior Software Engineer
Trintech Technologies (Nasdaq: TTPA Neuer Markt: TTP)
Trintech House,
South County Business Park,
Leopardstown, Dublin 18,
Phone: +353 1 2074040
Fax: +353 1 2074015
 <http://www.trintech.com/> http://www.trintech.com
 <http://www.epaynews.com/> http://www.epaynews.com

PayWhere EveryWhere!
This email should be considered as personal and does not necessarily
reflect the views of Trintech or any other of its employees or officers