nanogui: Thread: #if FOO vs. #ifdef BAR

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: #if FOO vs. #ifdef BAR
From: Alexander Neundorf ####@####.####
Date: 31 May 2005 21:43:19 +0100

Hi,

e.g. in engine/devfont.c you can find the following code:

#ifdef HAVE_PCF_SUPPORT
	if (fontclass == MWLF_CLASS_ANY || fontclass == MWLF_CLASS_PCF) {
#endif

#if HAVE_FREETYPE_SUPPORT
 	if (fontclass == MWLF_CLASS_ANY || fontclass == MWLF_CLASS_FREETYPE) {

which is slightly confusing.
Which of both is the preferred style ?
If somebody will commit, I'll send a patch :-)

What is actually the current state of cvs access ?

Bye
Alex
--
Work: ####@####.#### - http://www.jenoptik-los.de
Home: ####@####.####                - http://www.kde.org
* Alexander Neundorf [Tue, 31 May 2005 at 22:43 +0200]
<quote>
> Hi,
>
> e.g. in engine/devfont.c you can find the following code:
>
> #ifdef HAVE_PCF_SUPPORT
> 	if (fontclass == MWLF_CLASS_ANY || fontclass == MWLF_CLASS_PCF) {
> #endif
>
> #if HAVE_FREETYPE_SUPPORT
>  	if (fontclass == MWLF_CLASS_ANY || fontclass == MWLF_CLASS_FREETYPE) {
>

> which is slightly confusing.
> Which of both is the preferred style ?

I personally prefer #ifdef rather than #if. However what is the opinion of
the maintainer ?

> If somebody will commit, I'll send a patch :-)

Actually there are lots of such case in Nanox source code so if a patch
is written I don't think it should only limitate to the devfont.c file.
But on the other side, patching all similar case of the source code would
make a rather large patch which would become harder to commit. ....

> What is actually the current state of cvs access ?

The IP address problem ? It seems to have been fixed. I tried several time
tonight and get everytime directed to the correct IP address.
However no patch can be commited into the CVS until the version 0.91 get
released.

Alain

> Bye
> Alex
> --
> Work: ####@####.#### - http://www.jenoptik-los.de
> Home: ####@####.####                - http://www.kde.org
>       ####@####.####               - http://www.neundorf.net

</quote>

Découvrez le nouveau Yahoo! Mail : 1 Go d'espace de stockage pour vos mails, photos et vidéos !
Créez votre Yahoo! Mail sur http://fr.mail.yahoo.com