nanogui: Thread: Regarding using fonts library in microwindows

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Regarding using fonts library in microwindows
From: "Harsha" ####@####.####
Date: 14 Dec 2005 00:00:57 +0000

Dear Greg,

I am using microwindows on DM320. Where DM320 contains the Embedded linux
2.4.6.

I wouldlike to use the variable fonts library for display. using
microwindows.

How can accomplish this. As its mentioned that only fixed size fonts can be
used at present.

Can you give suggestions for using the fonst library so that i can use the
fonts library and choose the fonts size according to my requirement.

This for one english fonst, and i also need to enable the fonst support for
japanese and chinese please can you suggest where i get any docs for usage
of those fonst tooo...

Regards,
Harsha S

:
: How can accomplish this. As its mentioned that only fixed size fonts can
be
: used at present.
:
: Can you give suggestions for using the fonst library so that i can use the
: fonts library and choose the fonts size according to my requirement.

Make sure the freetype library is installed on your system, and
then turn on the freetype 1 or 2 option in the src/config file.
The height parameter in the GrCreateFont API call will
then be used to scale the font.

:
: This for one english fonst, and i also need to enable the fonst support
for
: japanese and chinese please can you suggest where i get any docs for usage
: of those fonst tooo...

Use any .bdf or .pcf font, there are several samples src/font*.sh,
and src/demos

where to get the freetype fonts source or lib so that i can install.and
check it, is it avaialblefree.?.

Bdf fonts

Yes there is one bdf file is there but how to use it "test.bdf"

Please assist me.

Regards,
Harsha S