nanogui: Thread: mmap fails

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: mmap fails
From: ####@####.####
Date: 10 Apr 2006 16:11:28 +0100

Hi

I am quite new to embedded linux, so excuse me if my question looks like a
newbie question !

I'm trying to make nano-X work on a EM8621L based board.
I've succeeded to compile nano-X with uClinux cross compile toolchain. Main
items in my config file look like this :
ARCH = LINUX-ARM
LINK_APP_INTO_SERVER = N
HAVE_SHAREDMEM_SUPPORT = N
FRAMEBUFFER = Y
I can attach it later if you need more.

Framebuffer is activated with the following command line :
insmod mambolfb.o videomemory=0x13ed4000 videomemorysize=1228800
palette=0x79000 mode=640:480:32

When I launch nano-X on the board I get the following error :
MAP_SHARED not supported (cannot write mappings to disk)

While browsing over google I've seen some references to this error (MMU
support disabled ???) and things related to nommu.c linux file, but I
really don't know what to do with this !! Do I have to recompile the
uClinux toolchain ? with a particular patch/flags/linux version ??

I'm completly lost, any help will be apreciated !

Best regards