nanogui: Thread: nano-X Keyboard Problem (Repeat, Key-Up Event)

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: nano-X Keyboard Problem (Repeat, Key-Up Event)
From: Klaus ####@####.####
Date: 12 May 2006 07:51:29 +0100

Hello,

I'm using a PXA270 based embedded system with Kernel 2.6.14 and nano-X
(CVS Version pre 0.92, 11/2005 - ok, I will test it with the lastest CVS
sources).
I'm using the TTYKDB keyboard driver (kbd_tty.c). I can stop the
key-repeating with 'setterm -repeat off > /dev/tty0'. What I am missing
are the key-up events (GR_EVENT_TYPE_KEY_UP).

When I use the SCANKBD (kbd_ttyscan.c) I got these events, but I can not
stop the key-repeating function.

I looked at the sources but I was not able to find out the important
differences between this drivers. Can anyone give me a hint?

So, what I want is:
- add the GR_EVENT_TYPE_KEY_UP to the TTYKBD driver
OR
- suppress the repeating GR_EVENT_TYPE_KEY_DOWN events from the SCANKBD
driver.

Any suggestions?

Thank you very much.

Regards