nanogui: Thread: ntetris demo on eCos

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: ntetris demo on eCos
From: llandre ####@####.####
Date: 26 May 2006 14:41:51 +0100

Hi all,

I'm running the ntetris demo on eCos (custom hardware).
The application seems to start correctly, however _before_ it draws
anything on the screen I read on the debug serial port the following
messages:

SYSTEM INITIALIZATION in progress
NETWORK:
data index = 4
Creating system threads
Creating Nano-X server thread
Creating Nano-WM thread
Creating Nano-tetris demo thread
Starting threads
Starting Nano-X server
Starting Nano-WM
[lcd_init, 365]
(x,y,colors) = 320x240x2
linelen 40
type 1
bpp 1
gen_getscreeninfo - unsupported pixtype
fb_setpalette - tbd
gen_getscreeninfo - unsupported pixtype
gen_getscreeninfo - unsupported pixtype
gen_getscreeninfo - unsupported pixtype
'fgets': 0 bytes in     0.08ns
'fread': 0 bytes in     0.06ns
'read': 0 bytes in     0.05ns
gen_getscreeninfo - unsupported pixtype
gen_getscreeninfo - unsupported pixtype
Tap all four corners
Starting Nano-tetris demo
SYSTEM THREADS STARTED!
Destroy client 8 resources
   Destroy window 2
   Destroy gc 1000
   Destroy font 1000
Window list:
3(6),1(0),
Pixmap list:

GC list:

Font list:

Region list:

Image list:

gen_getscreeninfo - unsupported pixtype
gen_getscreeninfo - unsupported pixtype

Nano-X says it is destroying client 8 resources but it is not clear
which client it is referring to. How to understand which client it is
talking about?

TIA,
llandre

DAVE Electronics System House - R&D Department
web:   http://www.dave-tech.it
email: ####@####.####
: Nano-X says it is destroying client 8 resources but it is not clear
: which client it is referring to. How to understand which client it is
: talking about?

These messages are coming from printf()s in
nanox/srvnet.c::GsDestroyClientResources().   I suggest
you add other printfs to determine which thread is
causing problems.  It's probably the nano-tetris
demo, since that's the last one that was started...

> : Nano-X says it is destroying client 8 resources but it is not clear
> : which client it is referring to. How to understand which client it is
> : talking about?
>
> These messages are coming from printf()s in
> nanox/srvnet.c::GsDestroyClientResources().   I suggest
> you add other printfs to determine which thread is
> causing problems.  It's probably the nano-tetris
> demo, since that's the last one that was started...

I completely removed nano-tetris thread thus in the nano-x world there
are just two threads (Nano-X server and Nano-WM) but I still got the
messages about a client destruction:

MW initialization in progress
SYSTEM INITIALIZATION in progress
NETWORK:
data index = 4
Creating system threads
Creating Nano-X server thread
Creating Nano-WM thread
Starting threads
Starting Nano-X server
Starting Nano-WM
[__FUNCTION__, __LINE__] Creating QT6C17 thread (STACK_SIZE = 31360)
Keyboard is FD: 4
[lcd_init, 365]
(x,y,colors) = 320x240x2
linelen 40
type 1
bpp 1
gen_getscreeninfo - unsupported pixtype
fb_setpalette - tbd
gen_getscreeninfo - unsupported pixtype
gen_getscreeninfo - unsupported pixtype
Stack usage for thread 000f01f8: 328
[qt6c17_fsm] State = S0
[qt6c17_fsm] State = S0 - got answer
[qt6c17_fsm] State = S0
[qt6c17_fsm] State = S0 - got answer
[qt6c17_fsm] State = S1
[qt6c17_fsm] State = S1, crc16 (computed, received ) = 0x8F1C, 0x8F1C
gen_getscreeninfo - unsupported pixtype
'fgets': 0 bytes in     0.22ns
'fread': 0 bytes in     0.20ns
'read': 0 bytes in     0.19ns
gen_getscreeninfo - unsupported pixtype
MW threads started!
Stack usage for thread 000e6e54: 1872
Destroy client 8 resources
   Destroy window 2
   Destroy gc 1000
Window list:
3(6),1(0),
Pixmap list:

GC list:

Font list:

Region list:

Image list:

Clearly I must find out which client in the world connects to the
server. I have a hardware debugger so I can easily put breakpoints in
the code but I don't know exactly where. Is GrOpen the one and only
function used by clients to establish the connection with the server?

Thanks a lot in advance,
llandre

DAVE Electronics System House - R&D Department
web:   http://www.dave-tech.it
email: ####@####.####
> I completely removed nano-tetris thread thus in the nano-x world there
> are just two threads (Nano-X server and Nano-WM) but I still got the
> messages about a client destruction:

Just a guess, but are you running any kind of touchscreen calibrator on
startup?

--
------------ Alex Holden - http://www.alexholden.net/ ------------
If it doesn't work, you're not hitting it with a big enough hammer

>> I completely removed nano-tetris thread thus in the nano-x world there
>> are just two threads (Nano-X server and Nano-WM) but I still got the
>> messages about a client destruction:
>
> Just a guess, but are you running any kind of touchscreen calibrator on
> startup?

No. Touch screen is autocalibrating so software doesn't need to take
care of this.