nanogui: Thread: freetype2 in portrait mode doesnt work

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: freetype2 in portrait mode doesnt work
From: "Uwe Klatt" ####@####.####
Date: 22 Jun 2006 08:06:32 +0100

Hello,

I enabled portrait mode in mwin/winmain.c with
GdSetPortraitMode(psd,MWPORTRAIT_RIGHT);

Normal grapic output is ok, but no ttf output is visible.

Without portrait mode everything is working.
I am using framebuffer with MWPF_TRUECOLOR565 and freetype-2.1.3 on
mipsel-linux.

Can somebody give me a hint what is going wrong?

Uwe

:
: Normal grapic output is ok, but no ttf output is visible.
:
: Without portrait mode everything is working.
: I am using framebuffer with MWPF_TRUECOLOR565 and freetype-2.1.3 on
: mipsel-linux.

That's pretty strange, but the TTF font engine uses GdBlit to
display font glyphs, and it sounds like that's where the problem
lies.  I would think it would just display incorrect orientation,
rather than no display.  Are you getting any screen output where
the text should be?  What color?

Check the GdBlit call in engine/font_freetype.c for more details.