nanogui: Thread: Building arm application

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Building arm application
From: tan yongzai ####@####.####
Date: 30 Jul 2006 08:48:14 +0100

Hi guyz,

  This is the first time that I'm building application for arm target and would like to consult ur expertise.
  I'm looking forward to see the microwin demos running on my embedded linux so I go ahead and cross compile the microwin demos using arm-unknown-linux-gcc (build from the gcc-2.95.3-glibc-2.2.5 source). Btw, I'm quite confuse about the different screen driver available for the arm target when configuring. Choosing the X11 resulted in error bcos I don't have the cross-compiled libX11. So I tried the framebuffer screen driver and the compilation goes smoothly. oh yeah..
  Happily, I copy the binaries to my embedded linux, but it prompt me this error : "cannot find an application to open the file with".. Haiz.. So my question is, how do I run the mdemo in the embedded device? Thanks alot. Please pardon my ignorance on embedded development.

Kind Regards,
YongZai

: Btw, I'm quite confuse about the different screen driver available for the
arm target when configuring. Choosing the X11 resulted in error bcos I don't
have the cross-compiled libX11. So I tried the framebuffer screen driver and
the compilation goes smoothly. oh yeah..

Setting X11 means Microwindows will run requiring and using X11
to display anything.  This is only used for desktop development,
where you're likely already running X and want to develop and
debug your applications without cross compiling constantly.

Setting framebuffer requires /dev/fb0 on your local or target
system, and is usually used for deployment.

:   Happily, I copy the binaries to my embedded linux, but it prompt me this
error : "cannot find an application to open the file with".. Haiz.. So my
question is, how do I run the mdemo in the embedded device?

Sounds like a configuration or library problem with your compiler/target
system.