nanogui: Thread: Is nano-X appropriate for this application?

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Is nano-X appropriate for this application?
From: Raph HP ####@####.####
Date: 2 Oct 2006 16:29:38 +0100

Hello,

I just discoverd nano-X...

I have to make an application on an ARM9 where the user must see the output of a webcam. Is nano-X able to display the output of a webcam? Hence, do you think it is the right X-server for me? If not, which one do you suggest me?

Here are some details:

the computer is a microcontroler running an ARM9 with several I/Os (serial, ethernet, 2xUSB, CAN) with shared vga video. The memory is a flash chip of 32Mb and 32Mb of RAM. The Linux runing on this card is a
2.6.15 kernel compiled by the manufacturer.

Thanks a lot for any comment or help

raph

 Découvrez un nouveau moyen de poser toutes vos questions quelque soit le sujet ! Yahoo! Questions/Réponses pour partager vos connaissances, vos opinions et vos expériences. Cliquez ici.
I think you don't need any GUIs, just directly output frames from webcam to the framebuffer of linux kernel. Nano-X also likes many GUIs on Embedded linux system which output images to framebuffer. So, I think GUIs don't have any help for your webcam unless you really need a GUI for interaction with User. FYR!

Alex