nanogui: Thread: Question 1: Problem with portrait mode.

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Question 1: Problem with portrait mode.
From: Gianluca ####@####.####
Date: 19 Oct 2006 15:14:07 +0100

Hello,
I just adapted nano-x and microwin to run on our embedded platform, running uClinux and a framebuffer
on a FPGA (Xilinx Microblaze Architecture)
Everything is (seems) to working fine, except GrSetPortraitMode() call.

I tried (with a slightly modification just to enable the portrait mode) with src/bin/demo and
it works good in every direction I force the display orientation.

But strange things happen with src/bin/tux program.

Everything is working as normal with MWPORTRAIT_NONE and MWPORTRAIT_DOWN, as I see the tux logo
rotating upside down and the normal way.

But when I try with MWPORTRAIT_LEFT or MWPORTRAIT_RIGHT the tux picture is not drawn correctly.
What I meant, there is a bunch of colored pixels around the image and inside of it and colors are not
correctly rendered. It looks like the image is not rotating well.

My framebuffer driver is a 16bit RGB565 format (Red is the Most Significant Digit) and the display
resolution is 800x600-56Hz.

What am I wrong?

Gianluca Renzi
---