nanogui: Thread: Re: server background]

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: [Fwd: Re: [nanogui] server background]
From: Roberto ####@####.####
Date: 18 Dec 2006 20:21:54 +0000

Hi Jr,

I played a little with your problem. You may create a pixmap and use
GrSetBackgroundPixmap to map it to the GR_ROOT_WINDOW_ID.

You may try this code:

#include <microwin/nano-X.h>

int main(int argc, char** argv)
{
  GR_SCREEN_INFO  si;
  GR_GC_ID gc;

  if (GrOpen() < 0)
    return -1;

  //get screen info and gc
  GrGetScreenInfo(&si);
  gc = GrNewGC();

  //create pixmap and image
  GR_WINDOW_ID pid = GrNewPixmap(si.cols,si.rows,0);
  GR_IMAGE_ID imageid = GrLoadImageFromFile("background.gif", 0);

  //draw the image to the pixmap
  GrDrawImageToFit(pid,gc,0,0,si.cols, si.rows, imageid);

  //destreoy all the stuff not needed any more
  GrFreeImage(imageid);
  GrDestroyGC(gc);

  //set it to the root windows backgound
  GrSetBackgroundPixmap (GR_ROOT_WINDOW_ID,pid,0);
  GrClearWindow(GR_ROOT_WINDOW_ID,GR_TRUE);

  //select close event
  GR_EVENT        event;          /* current event */

  GrSelectEvents(GR_ROOT_WINDOW_ID, GR_EVENT_MASK_CLOSE_REQ);

  //wait until server shuts down
  while(1)
    {
      GrCheckNextEvent(&event);
      if(event.type == GR_EVENT_TYPE_CLOSE_REQ)
    break;
    }

  GrClose();

}