nanogui: Thread: White space.

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: White space.
From: Junior ####@####.####
Date: 2 Apr 2007 08:49:40 +0100

Has anyone noticed that the space character (0x20) is not showing up correctly (spacing)?

I've been using a Microsoft ttf file and decided to experiment with other font types.
I've been doing this on linux and that's when I realize I've been using a microsoft fixed size ttf file.

Is this just my system? Or has this been known all along? I'm using type 2 ttf fonts.

Thanks,
--Jr.

> Has anyone noticed that the space character (0x20) is not showing up
> correctly (spacing)?
>
> I've been using a Microsoft ttf file and decided to experiment with other
> font types.
> I've been doing this on linux and that's when I realize I've been using a
> microsoft fixed size ttf file.
>
> Is this just my system? Or has this been known all along? I'm using type
> 2 ttf fonts.

I've been digging and realize that the font render might be the problem.

I've pulled the font library
n022004l.pfb -URW-Nimbus Mono L-bold-r-normal--0-0-0-0-m-0-iso8859-1
and did a GrGetGCTextSize on several characters. This should be a monospace font but I didn't get that:
char: 20  w:11 h:0 b:0
char: 2a  w:12 h:13 b:13
char: 4e  w:13 h:12 b:12
char: 54  w:12 h:12 b:12
char: 52  w:12 h:12 b:12
char: 4f  w:12 h:12 b:12
char: 4c  w:12 h:12 b:12
char: 45  w:12 h:12 b:12
char: 52  w:12 h:12 b:12
char: 44  w:12 h:12 b:12
char: 41  w:12 h:12 b:12
char: 54  w:12 h:12 b:12
char: 41  w:12 h:12 b:12
char: 20  w:11 h:0 b:0

I'm using a cvs source I pulled on May 06. Have this been identified before? Has there been any changes that would fix this in later updates?

Thanks,
--Jr.