nanogui: Thread: mouse error for sh4 target file system

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: mouse error for sh4 target file system
From: Hou Xiang ZHU ####@####.####
Date: 16 May 2007 04:02:26 +0100

Hi,

When I compiled Microwindows-0.91 on sh4 linux target box directly, it
can run demo application now on target. e.g mdemo.

since I don't have keyboard connected yet, I comment out
"GdOpenKeyboard()"in GsInitialise() in srvmain.c.(i.e keyboard related.)

I have a usb mouse connected, after I made a link "ln -s /dev/input/mice
/dev/gpmdata", I can run demo2.sh(without nxterm), but the problem is
that the mouse will quickly be dead as soon as I moved mouse, and the
following error message came out.
------------------
nxclient: retry connect attempt 1
KDSETLED: Inappropriate ioctl for device
KDSKBMODE: Inappropriate ioctl for device
nxclient: lost connection to Nano-X server
--------------------
so my question is how to run nano-X with usb mouse device work correctly?

Thanks,
Houxiang

likewise, on Cirrus ARM linux, usb mouse appears as /dev/input/mice
and Nano-X's  mou_ser driver worked fine

>When I compiled Microwindows-0.91 on sh4 linux target box directly, it
>can run demo application now on target. e.g mdemo.
>
>since I don't have keyboard connected yet, I comment out
>"GdOpenKeyboard()"in GsInitialise() in srvmain.c.(i.e keyboard related.)
>
>I have a usb mouse connected, after I made a link "ln -s /dev/input/mice
>/dev/gpmdata", I can run demo2.sh(without nxterm), but the problem is
>that the mouse will quickly be dead as soon as I moved mouse, and the
>following error message came out.
>nxclient: retry connect attempt 1
>KDSETLED: Inappropriate ioctl for device
>KDSKBMODE: Inappropriate ioctl for device
>nxclient: lost connection to Nano-X server

After I changed to SERMOUSE in config file, now usb mouse is ok!