nanogui: Thread: problem with japanese fonts

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: problem with japanese fonts
From: "ravi kumar" ####@####.####
Date: 3 Jul 2007 15:48:36 +0100

hi,
 I have enabled the japanese font support in the config file and compiled
the microwindows. I changed the fontdemo.c file to take the japanese font
present in the fonts/japanese directory and compiled the microwindows . When
i ran the fontdemo application i am getting the folloowing errors..
fnt_createfont: fonts/japanese/jiskan16-2000-1.bdf,3 not found
fnt_createfont: fonts/japanese/jiskan16-2000-1.bdf,4 not found
fnt_createfont: fonts/japanese/jiskan16-2000-1.bdf,5 not found
fnt_createfont: fonts/japanese/jiskan16-2000-1.bdf,6 not found

Please help me ..
>  I have enabled the japanese font support in the config file and compiled

Are you talking about the DBCS support, we don't otherwise
have "japanese" support, per se.

> the microwindows. I changed the fontdemo.c file to take the japanese font
> present in the fonts/japanese directory and compiled the microwindows .
When
> i ran the fontdemo application i am getting the folloowing errors..
> fnt_createfont: fonts/japanese/jiskan16-2000-1.bdf,3 not found
> fnt_createfont: fonts/japanese/jiskan16-2000-1.bdf,4 not found
> fnt_createfont: fonts/japanese/jiskan16-2000-1.bdf,5 not found
> fnt_createfont: fonts/japanese/jiskan16-2000-1.bdf,6 not found

The system doesn't work with raw .bdf fonts, they need to
be converted to .fnt or .pcf format first.  Use "convbdf -f"
to convert .bdf fonts to .fnt format.

Can i use .ttf fonts to display the japanese character.Actually i had a CD
which contains five japanese fonts in .ttf format ,how can i use these
format in fontdemo application... Or do we need to convert these fonts into
some other fonrmat (like .pcf or .fnt).Waiting for ur reply please........

Best Regards,
Ravi Kumar.T