nanogui: Thread: FLTK 2.0 followup

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: FLTK 2.0 followup
From: "McCune, Michael" ####@####.####
Date: 23 Jul 2007 20:50:39 +0100

Hi all,

I checked my sources and managed to re-discover the problem I had run into before. Compiling fltk 2.0 goes ok, but when compiling apps against the libraries I produce these errors:

../lib/libfltk2.a(run.o): In function `open_stylus_device(_XDeviceInfo*, int, int)':
run.cxx:(.text+0xfe8): undefined reference to `XSelectExtensionEvent'
run.cxx:(.text+0x1008): undefined reference to `XOpenDevice'
../lib/libfltk2.a(run.o): In function `fltk::enable_tablet_events()':
run.cxx:(.text+0x125c): undefined reference to `XGetExtensionVersion'
run.cxx:(.text+0x1280): undefined reference to `XListInputDevices'
run.cxx:(.text+0x1330): undefined reference to `XFreeDeviceList'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [test1] Error 1

as far as I can tell these functions are from either libXext or libXi. I tried to code around these places in x11/run.cxx and eventually got test apps linking against the libraries, but as these apps always seg fault on me it probably has to do with these code sections I have messed with.

good luck,
Mike McCune
Navigation Solutions
248 282 5407