nanogui: Thread: FreeType Font display issue

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: FreeType Font display issue
From: "Allen Yang" ####@####.####
Date: 13 Sep 2007 17:05:35 +0100

Hi,

I got a problem on display FreeType Font.

I am using uClinux 2.6.17, Nano-X 0.90 with FreeType font 2.1.7 in my
project. Basically the FreeType font is working for some colors (BLUE,
RED, MAGENTA...). But for other colors (GREEN, CYAN, BROWN, WHITE...),
there are some dots with different color displayed at the edge of each
character.

For example, I display a string "GREEN" in GREEN color on my LCD.
"GREEN" is displayed in green color with some dots at the edge of each
character displayed in yellow color.

After I did a research on which color may have the same issue, I found
out that if "G" component in "RGB" color definition is not 0, the
problem will happen.

I used "GR_TFKERNING" and "GR_TFANTIALIAS" when I created the font in my
application.

I wrote my own LCD framebuffer driver in uClinux. I am not sure if that
may cause this issue.

Any suggestion on this issue will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Allen

The information contained in this email and attachments to this email are the proprietary and confidential property
of Nucomm, Inc.  The information is provided in strict confidence and shall not be reproduced, copied, or
used (partially or wholly) in any manner without prior, express written authorization of Nucomm, Inc.