nanogui: Thread: Nano-X:GsError out of server memory...

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Nano-X:GsError out of server memory...
From: "Prashanth Dwarakanath" ####@####.####
Date: 18 Sep 2007 09:50:01 +0100

Hi All,

We tried running the t1demo.c program(/user/microwin/src/demos/nanox) on our PC and it worked perfectly fine. But we want to make t1demo program run on uClinux in Blackfin environment(target board), and cross compiled the same using bfin-linux-gcc.

We tried running the t1demo program on the board but initially we got a printed message "Cannot allocate root window". With some changes we further got the message "Nano-X:GsError out of server memory". This seems to be happening on a call to GrOpen API which in turn calls GsInitialize function in srvmain.c . The chunk of the t1demo is given below:

        int *testing1;
	char *testing2;
	GR_WINDOW_ID window;
	GR_GC_ID gc;
	GR_FONT_ID fontid;
	int x, y, fnum;
	GR_REGION_ID regionid;
	testing1 = (int *)malloc(SIZEOFINT);******Even this malloc does not work******

		if(testing1 == NULL)
		{
			printf("\nMalloc failed\n");
		}

		else
		{
			free(testing1);
			printf("\nAllocated and free patchu\n");
			//printf("\nMalloc retrun value %d in success\n",patchu);
		}

	sleep(1);

	testing2 = (char *)malloc(SIZEOFCHAR);******Even this does not work*******

	if(testing2 == NULL)
	{
		printf("\nChar malloc failed\n");

	}
	else
	{
		free(testing2);
		printf("\nChar Malloc returned \n");
		exit(1);
	}
	sleep(5);

	if (GrOpen() < 0)************Facing problems here**********
	{
                exit(1);
		printf("\nProblem with GrOpen\n");
	}
	else
	{
	       printf("\nGropen working\n");
	}
	window = GrNewWindowEx(GR_WM_PROPS_APPWINDOW,
		"t1demo loadable fonts (truetype, t1lib, pcf, mgl, hzk)",
		GR_ROOT_WINDOW_ID, 50, 50, WIDTH, HEIGHT, BLACK);
	GrSelectEvents(window,
		GR_EVENT_MASK_EXPOSURE | GR_EVENT_MASK_CLOSE_REQ);
	GrMapWindow(window);

	gc = GrNewGC();
	GrSetGCUseBackground(gc, GR_FALSE);
	GrSetGCBackground(gc, BLACK);
	GrSetGCBackground(gc, WHITE);

We commented the GrOpen and further chunks, leaving only the other 2 mallocs in the beginning, then the mallocs worked. But when we uncomment the GrOpen and futher chunk , the initial mallocs would also not work.

We have 64MB of RAM on target board.

Kindly suggest what has to be done.

Thank you,

Prashanth