nanogui: Thread: prob regarding setting screen pixtype

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: prob regarding setting screen pixtype
From: "hemadri phani kiran" ####@####.####
Date: 17 Sep 2007 13:00:57 +0100

hi,
   I am new to this nano-X so i am working with all the demos first ..
   i have a doubt regarding setting SCREEN PIXTYPE
   i am changing the SCREEN_PIXTYPE in config file to various options

#define MWPF_RGB       0    /* pseudo, convert from packed 32 bit RGB*/
#define MWPF_PIXELVAL       1    /* pseudo, no convert from packed
PIXELVAL*/
#define MWPF_PALETTE       2    /* pixel is packed 8 bits 1, 4 or 8 pal
#define MWPF_TRUECOLOR0888 3    /* pixel is packed 32 bits 8/8/8 truecolor*/
#define MWPF_TRUECOLOR888  4    /* pixel is packed 24 bits 8/8/8 truecolor*/
#define MWPF_TRUECOLOR565  5    /* pixel is packed 16 bits 5/6/5 truecolor*/
#define MWPF_TRUECOLOR555  6    /* pixel is packed 16 bits 5/5/5 truecolor*/
#define MWPF_TRUECOLOR332  7    /* pixel is packed 8 bits 3/3/2 truecolor*/
#define MWPF_TRUECOLOR8888 8    /* pixel is packed 32 bits 8/8/8/8 truecolor
with alpha */

given there
   called the function GrGetScreenInfo(GR_SCREEN_INFO  *sinfo) and trying to
print the       --------    sinfo.pixtype in fontdemo  demo
   everey time it is showing only value 8 which is defined for
MWPF_TRUECOLOR8888
   but i could  see the color change on the screen  for various values of
SCREEN_PIXTYPE.....
  my doubt is even though it is showing different colors it is giving only
one value....
pls any one kindly clarify my doubt...

thanking  in advance

--