nanogui: Thread: Regarding JIS Support..

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Regarding JIS Support..
From: "Prashanth Dwarakanath" ####@####.####
Date: 12 Nov 2007 09:46:09 +0000

Hi All,

I am using the Japanese font support with the JIS support enabled and I am able to display Japanese characters on a TV screen. While going through the code, I learnt that the (pls correct if I have got it wrong)
jisx0213-12x12.c file is returning the bitmap information of the input Japanese character that is passed through the fontdemo application.

Is it possible to get the character itself instead of bitmap so that the same can be stored in a text file?

The reason I want to do this is, I get Shift JIS hexa code as my input. I was thinking of mapping these hex values to their corresponding characters and store them in a text file.

Is there a way I can achieve this by an API to do bitmap to character conversion?

Please help in this regard as I am new to this.

Thank You,

Prashanth.D

> Is it possible to get the character itself instead of bitmap so that the
> same can be stored in a text file?
The reason I want to do this is, I get Shift JIS hexa code as my input. I
was thinking of mapping these hex values to their corresponding characters
and store them in a text file.

In order to do this, you'll have to store the characters in one of
your buffers every time you call GrText().

> Is there a way I can achieve this by an API to do bitmap to character
> conversion?

No.  Much easier to just save the characters you ask to be
displayed with GrText().  Write a wrapper function that does
both and call that instead.