nanogui: Thread: how to change an bitmap font to an array of MWIMAGEBITS type

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: how to change an bitmap font to an array of MWIMAGEBITS type
From: Aflar ####@####.####
Date: 6 Jan 2008 13:52:46 -0000

Hi , all!
I want to add an 24*24 bitmap font to my App!I've searched devfont.c and font_dbcs.c in that it used the drawbitmap function to draw the bitmapfont.But how to change an bitmap font to an array of MWIMAGEBITS type?Furthermore,if it is an bitmapfont of another size then how?
Any help will be appreciated!

--

Best regards!
   Aflar Van
> But how to change an bitmap font to an array of MWIMAGEBITS type?

Well, first I'd need to know the input bitmap font format.
Look also at the "convbdf -c" output.

> Furthermore,if it is an bitmapfont of another size then how?

See my previous message, you'll have to load your own
.ttf font and use the truetype scaleable font handling
in microwindows.

>> But how to change an bitmap font to an array of MWIMAGEBITS type?

>Well, first I'd need to know the input bitmap font format.
Look also at the "convbdf -c" output.

I want to use the HZK font file of dot matrix format,but it seems that it is different for 12*12 dot matrix and 16*16 dot matrix to change them into MWIMAGEBITS type!Whatever, I've made it,but for 24*24 dot matrix I dont know how to do that!
Now I've drawn my 24*24 dot matrix chinese char successly with psd->DrawPixel!

>> Furthermore,if it is an bitmapfont of another size then how?

>See my previous message, you'll have to load your own
.ttf font and use the truetype scaleable font handling
in microwindows.

If the truetype scaleable font, how much mem space does it need ?

--

Best regards!
   Aflar Van
From: "Greg Haerr" ####@####.####
Date: 9 Jan 2008 00:57:11 -0000

> but it seems that it is different for 12*12 dot matrix and 16*16 dot
> matrix to change them into MWIMAGEBITS type!Whatever, I've made it,but for
> 24*24 dot matrix I dont know how to do that!  Now I've drawn my 24*24 dot
> matrix chinese char successly with psd->DrawPixel!

The MWIMAGEBITS is 16 bits, so you're conversion of 24*24 will use
24 times 32 bits (2 MWIMAGEBITS, right padded) per character.

> If the truetype scaleable font, how much mem space does it need ?

You'll have to load a font and check for the space requirements
yourself.  This can easily be accomplished on the desktop.