nanogui: Thread: tslib driver patch

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: tslib driver patch
From: "Jonathan Kotta" ####@####.####
Date: 27 Mar 2008 18:45:42 -0000

Hello,

I wrote a driver for tslib for nano-x.  There seems to be a lot of
latency between touching the screen and updating the cursor.  I am
using a BF548-ezkit with uClinux for testing, and at least one other
user of that board reported that it worked fine for them too.

http://blackfin.uclinux.org/gf/project/uclinux-dist/forum/?action=ForumBrowse&_forum_action=ForumMessageBrowse&thread_id=26343

--
Thanks,

Jonathan Kotta

Hofstadter's Law:
    It always takes longer than you expect, even
    when you take into account Hofstadter's Law.

[Content type application/octet-stream not shown. Download]
I've tested this patch on latest blackfin uClinux trunk again. It works
well, without CPU load issue observed before. So maybe this patch could be
added to microwindows CVS?

Regards,
-Yi

On Fri, Mar 28, 2008 at 2:45 AM, Jonathan Kotta ####@####.#### wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I wrote a driver for tslib for nano-x.  There seems to be a lot of
> latency between touching the screen and updating the cursor.  I am
> using a BF548-ezkit with uClinux for testing, and at least one other
> user of that board reported that it worked fine for them too.
>

> http://blackfin.uclinux.org/gf/project/uclinux-dist/forum/?action=ForumBrowse&_forum_action=ForumMessageBrowse&thread_id=26343
>
> --
> Thanks,
>
> Jonathan Kotta
>
> Hofstadter's Law:
>    It always takes longer than you expect, even
>    when you take into account Hofstadter's Law.

: I've tested this patch on latest blackfin uClinux trunk again. It works
: well, without CPU load issue observed before. So maybe this patch could be
: added to microwindows CVS?

I'm hesitant to add the patch until I know for sure it works well,
and we have information as to which version of the kernel or uClinux
is required to stop the excessive cpu usage.  There is also
the unsolved issue of high latency.  I'm happy to add this to CVS,
but I can't test it!

: Regards,
: -Yi
:
: > I wrote a driver for tslib for nano-x.  There seems to be a lot of
: > latency between touching the screen and updating the cursor.  I am
: > using a BF548-ezkit with uClinux for testing, and at least one other
: > user of that board reported that it worked fine for them too.
: >
: >
: >
http://blackfin.uclinux.org/gf/project/uclinux-dist/forum/?action=ForumBrowse&_forum_action=ForumMessageBrowse&thread_id=26343