nanogui: Thread: NANO-X,, FLTK 1.1.8, ARM-Linux TARGET - Clarification

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: NANO-X,, FLTK 1.1.8, ARM-Linux TARGET - Clarification
From: Natarajan N ####@####.####
Date: 8 May 2008 09:56:59 -0000

Hello

  I Cross compiled Micirowindows .90 and installed in  LN2410 (ARM-Linux PORT).Embedded controller board with SAMSUNG 3.5 inch TFT LCD.

  Nano-X server and demo programs work properly.

  Now, about the Client programs.:

  Compiled FLTK 1.1.8  as per the READ ME instructions  on my  LINUX-PC Fedora 5.

  Able to compile the sample code and diplays on my PC Monitor.

  -------------------

  (1) ARE APPLICATIONS IN FLTK COMPILED TWICE. ONE WITH  Native (PC LIUNX) tools and Subsequently with TARGET compiler ?

  Do we maintain two sets of FLTK configuration files for this purpose.?

  (2) IS IT THAT :  IF I cross compile using tools meant for Target board . the same runs both on PC-LINUX as well as my target.?  (Except perhaps, execution of button actions)

  (3)   To Run video applications in target - Which are the parameter to be selected (While configuring it)  other than the default - in NANO-X server created while creating the same and porting it along with File system ?

  (4) I found the following as configuration tool.
  http://patches.ubuntu.com/by-release/atomic/debian/f/fltk1.1/fltk1.1_1.1.8~rc1-1.patch

  Assuming two different compilations are needed, how does the configuration file entries differ for the Target Device code and PC-Linux code ???

  (5) How do I direct FLTK 1.1.8 using Nxlib? Following instruction found (Installation steps) does it take care automatically?

  Thanks

  NATARAJAN

---------------------------------
:  (1) ARE APPLICATIONS IN FLTK COMPILED TWICE. ONE WITH  Native (PC LIUNX)
tools and Subsequently with TARGET compiler ?

Yes

:
:  Do we maintain two sets of FLTK configuration files for this purpose.?

Probably

:  (2) IS IT THAT :  IF I cross compile using tools meant for Target board .
the same runs both on PC-LINUX as well as my target.?  (Except perhaps,
execution of button actions)

Yes I think

:  (3)   To Run video applications in target - Which are the parameter to be
selected (While configuring it)  other than the default - in NANO-X server
created while creating the same and porting it along with File system ?

Not sure - depends on what application you use for video

:  (5) How do I direct FLTK 1.1.8 using Nxlib? Following instruction found
(Installation steps) does it take care automatically?
:

FLTK can be compiled or cross-compiled normally.  Then NXLIB is compiled
using
the same compiler for target.  The libX11 libraries it produces are then
used to replace the X11 binary libraries, there are NO changes to the
applications, as shared libraries are used.