nanogui: Thread: Is Nano-X dead?

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Is Nano-X dead?
From: "James Johnston" ####@####.####
Date: 7 Jul 2008 09:03:35 -0000

I'm looking to use Nano-X in a new open-source project, but the last update
was in 2005.  Is the project basically dead?  From all appearances this
appears to be the case.

Best regards,

James Johnston

Subject: Re: [nanogui] Is Nano-X dead?
From: Fredrik Johansson ####@####.####
Date: 7 Jul 2008 09:37:43 -0000

James Johnston skrev:
> I'm looking to use Nano-X in a new open-source project, but the last update
> was in 2005.  Is the project basically dead?  From all appearances this
> appears to be the case.
>
> Best regards,
>
> James Johnston

Nah, it's not dead, it just hasn't had any release for some time now,
the cvs is still beeing updated.

Here's a snippet from the changelog:

    * fix .fnt.gz loader padding bug
6 January 2008 - neuros patches from Vladimir
    * add generic window message send GrSendMsg, GR_EVENT_MSG,
GR_EVENT_MASK_MSG
    * add alpha channel handling in GdDrawImage, alpha support in PNG loader
    * fix bug in GdGetNextTimeout
    * add GrDrawImagePartToFit - draw image from part of source image
    * add MWMODE_SRCTRANSCOPY support in fblin16, applyOp{3,4} macros
for speed
    * remove #include <asm/page.h> in clientfb.c, PAGE_SIZE now internal
    * fix GsWpDrawBackgroundPixmap to work with pixmap window backgrounds
    * fix ftell in FNTGZ font subdriver
    * port AGG AntiGrain Geometry, NXLIB and direct hw fb version
    * add MWPF_HWPIXELVAL run-time pixel type to allow no-translation GrArea
    * add back in low level psd->DrawArea for fast GdArea
    * rewrite GdArcAngle to fix bug w/small angles, no fp required
    * add font file parameter to fontdemo
9 September 2007 - ####@####.####
    * fix EPRINTF for gcc 3.x (Petr)
    * fix ft1 return on zero height/width characters (Alexander)
    * fix GrNewBitmapFromData pad when byte swapped (Martin)
    * break GrBitmap requests into MAXREQUESTSZ size packets (Martin)
    * fixed freetype2 font rotation, baseline, compile w/cache off bugs
    * added support for freetype2 2.3.5 (forces cache off for now)
22 June 2006 - ####@####.####
    * added complete rop processing to fblin4.c 4bpp driver
21 April 2006 - ####@####.####
    * obtained permission to convert stretchblit code from LGPL to MPL
20 December 2005 - ####@####.####
    * added support for 16bpp 5/5/5 and 5/6/5 images to GdDrawImage (Greg)
    * added support for 16bpp and 32bpp .bmp files

--
Fredrik Johansson
Development Engineer